All service users within Dolphin Homes receive an individual package of activities within their person centred plan, in accordance with their needs and abilities, likes and dislikes.
Dolphin Homes provide in-house pastimes and offer complementary activity programmes featuring a wide range of hobbies and leisure pursuits with the aim of building on existing skills and developing new skills.
We are totally committed to providing opportunities for service users to access and experience all the leisure and education facilities available.
Underpinning our programme of activities is a commitment to meeting an individual’s personal care needs, as well as giving emotional support. Any of the following activities can be provided, if a need is identified, within the individual’s care plan.
- Community skill building – visiting cafes, shopping centres, post offices, libraries, as well as using public transport etc.
- Cooking (meal preparation, basic and survival cookery, cooking for fun and as a sensory experience)
- Drama and Theatre
- Horticulture and Gardening
- Life Skills
- Personal Care
- Sensory activities – covering visual, tactile, and aural stimulation
- Sports Studies (including swimming and horse riding)
All of our residential homes benefit from good access to local amenities including swimming pools, leisure centres and a range of shopping centres.